Original Publication Date: 10/11/07
While also working on the new book, a friend and fellow writer who I went to University with and I are trying our hand at writing a screenplay. He’s already finished his own first one and I assisted with some editing, so I’m confident we’ll at least finish the first draft of this one. Whether or not it’ll be any good remains to be seen…or…you know…read. The psychic is confident it will be.
Oh, that’s right. I forgot to mention that I had an appointment with a different psychic this week. My boss recommended her, so I thought I’d give it a shot. It’s fun, right? While I can’t share all of the highlights, I can mention a few of them.
1) I have a spirit around me who likes to take showers, usually when I’m in the shower. I objected to this practice, specifically because I watch too many horror movies and that it freaked me out. However, the spirit’s response was "That’s his issue." Yes, I’m a smart ass who has a smart ass spirit around him. Swell.
2) My first Siberian Husky, Tashka, has been with me several lifetimes and is now my gatekeeper. I always knew I felt her close to me. What I found interesting about this part of the session is that she was also a gray wolf in a previous life. My family and I have an affinity for wolves and the number of wolf mugs and t-shirts we have makes this a unique connection.
3) And how’s this for karma? The Grosse Pointe Bitch and I were brothers in a previous life. Guess that sort of follows given our volatile relationship. It’s probably a good thing we never hooked up. That would just be weird.
4) Laurel and Hardy come to see me in the very, VERY early hours and are ready to act as inspiration if I"m ever up and writing at that time. Who knew?
5) The grand finale of what I’ll share at the moment is something I suspected for a couple of years. I can’t recount the number of times I’ve asked How bored was I to come back again? Apparently, very. The perk to coming back because I was bored and wanting to remember some of the hardships we experience is that I didn’t bring any baggage with me. Because of this, my take on life tends to sway towards the humorous and I refuse to take certain things as serious as others might. This does, of course, give me free license to make fun of all of you, which will manifest itself in my writing unless I see you in person.
Oh, and I knew Helen of Troy. Am still trying to figure out if she meant the historical Helen of Troy or a Helen of Troy, Michigan. More on that later.
Time to scoot. My partner returned last night from Hong Kong and is rather ill. He snored all night, too. Being the good husband I am, I’m nursing him back to health and cleaning up the mess he left after exploding his luggage all over the floor. He enjoys seeing a nice wide empty space to throw things in. It gives him a sense of accomplishment.
Until the next installment, take care and remember…New Release DVD Tuesday is each and every Tuesday! Unless, you know, it’s a holiday and the stores are closed. In that case, they’d better have it ready on Wednesday at their regularly scheduled open time!
Classic Blog Posts are published every Saturday–mostly, unless I forget like I did last week–while new blog posts are (hopefully) scheduled every Monday and Thursday.
Kage Alan lives in a suburb of Detroit, MI with his partner, Pookie, and their fish, all of who are affectionately named and answer to the word “fish.” He currently thinks that Tiffany and Debbie Gibson should do more films together, especially after watching Mega Python vs. Gaoroid. Kage is the author of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Sexual Orientation, Andy Stevenson Vs. the Lord of the Loins and Gaylias: Operation Thunderspell.